PentaxWorld - the World of Pentax Users!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Used Pentax Lens camera shop in Malaysia

April 20, 2011, 01:01:17 PM
Read 6848 times

chongmic

Used Pentax Lens camera shop in Malaysia
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »
Does any one know which shop in Kuala Lumpur  carries a wide range of Pentax used lenses?

April 20, 2011, 03:18:19 PM
Reply #1

broken calsan

Re: Used Pentax Lens camera shop in Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »
Hi again Chongmic
You might try posting this question on PhotoMalaysia

I was recently in Singapore and was disappointed that the very little 'new' Pentax stuff I could find was old unsold stock - the situation was worse than being a Pentaxian in Perth!  I would hope there's a better market in KL.

You may also try contacting Shashinki or KhoKing directly.  Kho is the founder of this site and also PhotoMalaysia and Shashinki.

Hope you find something....  :-\

April 26, 2011, 06:32:51 PM
Reply #2

genecor

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
Calsan, whilst its true that retailers offering Pentax gear is more limited than the Canikons in Singapore, there a number of shops which do carry and sell Pentax stuff at good prices. Where'd you go to in Singapore?

I find online sellers on various forums and ebay as a better source of "pre-owned" Pentax stuff is a better bet though, chongmic

April 26, 2011, 06:52:33 PM
Reply #3

broken calsan

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:52:33 PM »
I went to Cathay Photo and all through Funan Digital Life store, plus some small others nearby that I can't remember the name...

April 26, 2011, 07:10:08 PM
Reply #4

genecor

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »
oh SLR Revolution at Funan is a good place to start for Pentax stuff http://www.slrrevolution.com/home/

or Orient Photo in Sim Lim Square seems to be the main choice of stores that carry Pentax stocks. http://www.orientfoto.com.sg/

Other shops like Alan photo, Bally and Tk Foto in Funan might have Pentax stuff as well, but can be alittle hit & miss with those shops.

Hope it helps, I've personally been to SLR & Orient recently and do know for a fact that they have Pentax gear in stock. I don't live in Singapore though.. just across the border. =)

April 26, 2011, 07:33:10 PM
Reply #5

broken calsan

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:33:10 PM »
Thanks, this is a good resource for next time.  I could have spent more time walking around malls than actually looking around Singapore - so I gave up after a while...