PentaxWorld - the World of Pentax Users!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

May 2013 Photo Contest - Rocks

May 18, 2013, 09:24:48 PM
Read 17394 times

blackcloudbrew

May 2013 Photo Contest - Rocks
« on: May 18, 2013, 09:24:48 PM »
PentaxWorld May 2013 Photo Contest
May 2013 Theme
"Rocks"

:) Rocks big or small or even macros of rocks are all acceptable.  :)
Sorry for the hiatus on the monthly photo contest, your humble admin has been distracted and burried in work. However, that is changing and I'm returning to my duties. I selected this month's theme as sort of a follow up to last year's stones theme. Somehow rocks are different. I'm hoping to see a wide range of them big and small. Moving rocks would be interesting as well. See what you can come up with.

Once again, you can submit up to 3 images for this contest.

Entry Date:
Now until 6am (PST), June 8th :)

Voting Date:
Mid June.

Guidelines:
1. Photo Size: 850 pixels on the max width/height. Ask for help on resizing if you have difficulty getting the image to conform to contest specifications. It creates a level playing field for all competitors and helps with the presentation and managing of the voting page.
2. File Size: Not more than 800KB.
3. Submit using the ATTACHMENT feature in this thread. Post a reply to this thread with your entry.
4. You may submit up to three photos on this theme. (Note: photos must be taken using a Pentax (Samsung or Ricoh are OK too) camera).
5. Submitted photo(s) must NOT have been entered in any previous contest of PENTAXWORLD before. Photos can have entered other competitions except PENTAXWORLD. We do not want duplicated entries in PENTAXWORLD photo competitions.
6. Image can be captured by a Pentax film camera, and image scanned - same size rules apply.
7. Optional - submit a title for your image, if you wish.
8. Have fun!

Please note that all submitted photos (attachment) will not be visible to members including the original poster. This is to help let the image stand on its own and provide a fair voting later.

FAQ:
Please click on the link below for questions and answers. This thread is ONLY for Entries of the Competition.
http://pentaxworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=814

Prize
1. Winning photo(s) with the highest vote later will be showcase on the front page of PentaxWorld and on a sticky thread. :D
2. Winner will have in their member's profile as a recognition, and have their names listed at Contest Winners page.  8)
3. Winner will have their rating increase by +1.
4. Winner will enjoy supreme bragging rights, a round of congratulations, and a smile that lasts all month. :) :) :)

May 20, 2013, 04:02:52 AM
Reply #1

racort

Re: May 2013 Photo Contest - Rocks
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:02:52 AM »
Here's my Rocks

May 22, 2013, 02:31:46 AM
Reply #2

noelcmn

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:31:46 AM »
Here are my 3

May 28, 2013, 02:10:54 AM
Reply #3

Ron Kruger

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:10:54 AM »
This is a tough choice, because I live where rocks are much more common that dirt, but here's three that were handy and already dummed down.

May 28, 2013, 05:25:37 AM
Reply #4

Offline lensoreat

• Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 05:25:37 AM »
one,  for now,  bcb.

May 29, 2013, 02:31:50 AM
Reply #5

Offline Pacerr

• Administrator

Land-shark! May 2013 - Rocks
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 02:31:50 AM »
Landshark - monsters in the rock garden.
H2  -  I'm not gettin' any smarter in my old age -- I'm just finally beginnin' to run out of really stupid things to do. Doesn't mean I'm not tryin' though.

No trees were killed or injured in the sending of this email, but billions of electrons were really, really agitated.